- Free-will, Determinism and the Absence of NothingWe owe much to the science which sprang from The Enlightenment, including the philosophy that behind everything, there is probably nothing. However, modern science suggests that we were premature.
- A Safe New WorldExperiences from the early days of the emergency first published in August 2020.
- The Brigadoon InnIn the English Lake District, two young men of the post-lockdown era stumble on something that should not exist.
- The Grave of LiesIn the historic town of Aylesbury, a ghostly apparition wanders the graveyard. But not all is what it seems.
- Publish-AppImage for .NETPublish-AppImage for .NET is a simple bash script deployment utility which calls dotnet publish and packages the output as an AppImage file (or zip) with a single command.
- Shannon Calculator — .NET Application with AvaloniaShannon Calculator is a cross-platform application which calculates the Shannon self-information content of a message text or file byte data.
- TRAL.RANDOMNESS — Random Number Class Library for C#TRAL.RANDOMNESS is a random number class library for C#. It provides common PRNG algorithms and a random number generator class.
- Asteroids Game in C++/Qt (Update for Linux)ASTEROID ARCADE is a highly playable open source “retro vector” game written in C++ by Andy Thomas.
- Kuiper Twenty Seventeen Theme for WordPressKUIPER Twenty Seventeen is a highly customisable theme for WordPress
- Does Number Encoding Affect Logistic Map Results?The Logistic Map provides a well known demonstration of chaos theory and, specifically, the butterfly effect.
- EVOLGEN — Genetic Algorithm — TSP 20,000 CitiesResults are presented of a genetic algorithm (GA) solving the Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP) with 20,000 city locations.
- Statistics – Confidence IntervalsI wrote the following many years ago when I learning basic statistics. It still serves as a reference occasionally and I thought I’d put it online.
- Statistics – Mean, Distribution and VarianceI wrote the following many years ago when I learning basic statistics. It still serves as a reference occasionally and I thought I’d put it online.
- Solving Monster 10K City TSP with a Genetic AlgorithmA genetic algorithm is a search optimization technique which derives inspiration from biological notions concerning genetics and evolution.
- WordPress Theme Test CardThe following is a “test card” which displays various web-page elements used to visually inspect a wordpress theme. It was used in the development of KUIPER Twenty Seventeen. Text Elements …